5pcs/lot ELECTRONIC BRICK - TEMPERATURE SENSOR BRICK
5pcs/Lot Electronic Brick - Temperature Sensor Brick
What is an electronic brick?
1. An electronic brick is an electronic module which can be assembled like Lego bricks simply by plugging in and pulling out. Compared to traditional universal boards and circuit modules assembled with various electronic components, electronic brick has standardized interfaces, plug and play, simplifying construction of prototype circuit on one’s own. There are many types of electronic bricks, and we provide more than twenty types with different functions including buttons, sensors, Bluetooth modules, etc, whose functions cover from sensor to motor drive, from Ethernet to wireless communication via Bluetooth, and so on. We will continue to add more types to meet the various needs of different projects.
2. Electronic brick of temperature sensor is mainly used to detect the temperature changes in the environment. The control board can get the current temperature information via analog pins. Generally speaking, the resistance of temperature sensitive resistor decreases with the increase of temperature.
Temperature Sensor Brick Features:
1. Plug and play, easy to use. Compatible with the mainstream 2.54 interfaces and 4-Pin Grove interfaces in the market.
2. With use of M4 standard fixed holes, compatible with M4-standard kits such as Lego and Makeblock.
3. With switch to shift between analog and digital output. Able to read the specific temperature information (analog) or the over-high or over-low temperature information according to the threshold (digital). The adjustable potentiometer is used to set the temperature threshold. With hysteresis comparator circuit for more stable digital output voltage.
4. Detecting direction can be rotated for better adaption.
Temperature Sensor Brick Specifications:
PCB Size 36.0mm X 24.0mm X 1.6mm
Working voltage: 3.3 or 5V DC
Operating voltage: 3.3 or 5V DC
Compatible interfaces: 2.54 3-pin interface and 4-pin Grove interface(1)
1. D for digital output port, A for analog output port, S for analog/digital output port ( defined according to the switch), V and G for voltage at the common collector and ground respectively
2. When setting as analog output, output range is 0-3.3V or 0-5V according to the working voltage (V,G); when setting as digital output, output is 0/3.3V or 0/5V according to the working voltage (V,G).
Parameter Min. Typical Max. Unit
Working voltage: 2.1 5 5.5 VDC
Analog output voltage( VCC=5V): 0 Vout 5 V
Digital output voltage ( VCC=5V): 0 - 5 V
Working current ( VCC=5V): - 5 - mA
Temperature sensitive resistor ( temperature is 25℃ ): - 10 - kohm
Threshold hysteresis ΔUth - VCC*0.09 - V
Brick Type Sensor Brick
Brick Interface 3PIN
Brick Power Supply 5V
Board Size 36 × 24 × 1.6mm
Temperature Vs. Thermistor resistance
Switch and Indicator
1. Regulating of threshold voltage:
The threshold voltage is a voltage for comparison. When the temperature value read by the sensor is above the threshold value, a low level (0V) will be digitally output; when the temperature value read by the sensor is below the threshold value, a high level (3.3V or 5V) will be digitally output. In this way, the digital pin can be used directly to read the current temperature in the environment to see if it is above the threshold or not. The threshold voltage can be regulated by simply twisting the potentiometer which is shown in the following diagram, and it increases by rotating to left side and decreases by rotating to right side.
2. Switch to shift between analog and digital output
For S pin in 2.54mm 3-pin interface and 4-pin Grove interface, it outputs analog signals when switch is pushed to A terminal and digital signals when pushed to D terminal. When there is analog signal output, it can read the specific temperature value; when there is digital signal output, it can only indicate whether the temperature is above threshold value or not.
1. Push the snap switch of sensor to analog output, connect S port to A0 port of Arduino board, and we will use the following program to read the analog value of temperature and send it to computer for display via the serial port.
2.Push the snap switch of sensor to digital output, connect S port to D2 port of Arduino board, and we will use the following program to read the digital value of temperature and send the threshold condition to computer for display.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us by following way:
5pcs x Electronic Brick - Temperature Sensor Brick
Whatsapp: 0086-18046220975Shipment Warm Tips:
We only ship to the address on Paypal. If you require a specific address to ship the order to, please make sure that you enter this in the Paypal confirmation before confirming payment. We will not ship to any other address under any circumstances. If you have asked for a change in address please add your shipping address on your paypal account,please leave a message on paypal when you check out, or send us the screen shot of new shipping address under paypal account
to sales@iDiyTool.com or whatsapp:+86 18046220975.